Purpose of this Blog...

You may have noticed that not all books are equal in capturing children's imaginations and in cultivating those innocent, tender souls. My goal is to help you find the ones that do!
(Painting by Mary Cassatt: "Mrs Cassatt Reading to her Grandchildren" -1888)




Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Bright Week Treasures With My Grandson...

“Play is often talked about as if it were a relief from serious learning. 
But for children, play is serious learning. 
Play is really the work of childhood.” 
- Fred Rogers
"Somebunny" is learning to be careful with precious things...his small 18-month old hands love holding, digging, clapping, and "being gentle".  I love this age!
Yesterday I got out a few Easter decorations for my grandson that his mommy used to play with.

I also took out a book to blog about...next year my grandson will be ready to sit and listen to The Paintbrush Bunny, (published in 1976 as The Easter Egg Artists) by Adrienne Adams.

The story is about Orson Abbott, a young bunny - "These Abbotts are rabbits. The rabbit Abbotts make the designs on Easter eggs." 

Orson learns the importance of hard work by doing what he loves...when he shows an interest in being an artist, his parents let him develop his own style. He starts painting practically everything in sight!  
By the end of the book he surpasses his parents' talent, designing his own line of comedic Easter eggs.  
His mother calls him an "Easter Egg Artist", and Orson helps his parents paint over 1200 eggs - just in time for Easter.

I've had fun displaying the book in my cloche with a cute father and son bunny I found - could it be Orson and Mr. Abbott?  Do you have any special treasures you bring out every Easter?


2 comments:

  1. Your grandson is adorable, I love that age too. What a blessing to have in your life. I am not familiar with that book, I must look it up so thanks for the introduction.

    ReplyDelete